WAPSO-IFPTE Local 162 will award two scholarships of $500 each to a dependent child or stepchild of a WAPSO member enrolled in their first year of post-secondary education.
The first scholarship was approved by the WAPSO Board of Directors at its October 20, 2016 meeting, the second has been donated by WAPSO’s former 1st Vice-President Alex Regiec.
To be eligible, the student must be:
1. A dependent child or stepchild of a WAPSO member.
2. Enrolled in their first year of post-secondary education and no older than 21.
3. Must be used for the current/or present applied scholarship school year
Scholarships are based on the student's scholastic achievement, community involvement, social activism and volunteerism. The decisions of the Scholarship Committee are final. All information received by the Scholarship Committee will remain confidential, however, the names of award recipients and/or the applying WAPSO member may be shared with the membership and posted on the WAPSO website.
Download the application [see "Additional Resources" below and click on WAPSO Scholarship Application Form] and nclude the following information:
1. A copy of the official transcript of marks for all final Grade 12 courses.
2. Proof of first year enrollment and acceptance in an accredited post-secondary institution for 2017-2018.
3. A brief resume outlining future career plans, interests and activities, community involvement, political involvement, volunteerism, social interests, and past work history.
Successful WAPSO Scholarship recipients must provide a Social Insurance Number and mailing address for the T4A.
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE IS AUGUST 1, 2017?