November 23, 2018
The Winnipeg Association of Public Service Officers (WAPSO) has an exciting opportunity for a skilled labour relations practitioner as a full-time Labour Relations Officer.
The Labour Relations Officer will be involved in all aspects of labour relations including:
• Interpretation and administration of the collective agreement
• Supporting the membership in workplace issues, including harassment complaints and investigations, workplace accommodation, return to work programs, and discipline
• Grievance handling, arbitration preparation, and negotiation of settlements
• Leading bargaining for collective agreements
• Creating and conducting educational programs for the membership
• Involvement in research and committee work
A competitive salary and comprehensive employer-paid benefits package per the UNIFOR Local 191 collective agreement.
• Labour Relations experience combined with a post-secondary degree in labour relations and 3- 5 years related experience
• Equivalent training and experience may be considered
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated advocacy, human relations, negotiation, and problem solving skills
• Valid Manitoba driver’s license and willingness to travel within the province using own vehicle
• The ability to work some non-conforming hours
The Winnipeg Association of Public Service Officers represents approximately 800 professionals at the City of Winnipeg, WRHA, and Riverview Health Centre.
Please submit your cover letter and resume electronically to the attention of the LRO Hiring Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line LRO Hiring Committee.
Applications must be received by 4:30pm on Friday, November 30th, 2018
Thank you for your interest however only those who are to be interviewed will be contacted
Keith Bellamy, Executive Director WAPSO-IFPTE Local 162